Fixing bugs in software is basically a form of detective work: the more clues you have, the easier it is to solve the case. Usually the initial report isn’t enough, and the detective/programmer needs to do some investigation to solve the case/fix the bug.
A few people are reporting problems by writing iTunes reviews. While we are happy to receive your feedback, this isn’t the best way to report a problem, because if we have follow-up questions we have no way to contact you.
If you are having problems with the game, please send email to email@example.com and give us as much detail as you can. For example:
- Does the problem always occur at a particular point in the game? In response to a particular action? Only after you’ve been playing for a while?
- Are you using an iPhone, iPhone 3G, or iPod touch?
- How long has it been since you restarted the device? Have you tried restarting to fix the problem?
- Do you use the iPod app to play music while you play?
- Is your device connected to a Wi-Fi network? The cellular network? Is it in an iPhone in airplane mode?
Information like that can go a long way to helping us fix the problem and make Lock ‘n’ Roll a better game.
Also, to respond to pct1818’s review about “a white box shaped shadow that follow the dice when you try to drag them around the board”: this sounds like the highlighting that occurs to show you where you can legally drop the die you are dragging; we implemented this because, without this hint, it might not have obvious that you can drop a joker on top of another die. However, that feature has been in the game since 1.0, and you say it wasn’t there until the update, so perhaps you are seeing something else? If you’re reading this, please write to the email above so we can help sort this out.